dissabte, 8 de novembre del 2008

Week 3. Unexpected teaching time!



Yesterday I had to teach for some minutes my group of 4ESO students. So I went to the class with the CD player and tried to start the lesson. The thing is that the students were talking a lot... (and it was just 8 a.m!) right from the beginning of the lesson!. But then, after 5 minutes, I managed to calm them down and they started doing the listening and then the activities related to it, which were about correcting wrong sentences, answering some questions and vocabulary. After I've had corrected them with the students, I asked them some questions about statements related to the reading so they could give their opinion using "I agree/I disagree".

Next stop was the "extreme adjectives". First of all, I explained everything related to that, and then they did some exercices in order to prove their acquired knowledge. My tutor stepped into the class and observed my way of doing the lesson during 5 more minutes. Finally, she replaced me and explained them some grammar points ("past simple/past continuous"), but then the bell rang and unfortunately there was no time to finish the explanation.... so I guess we'll have to repeat it to them next class.


Here there are some pics of my 4ESO students: